Dom Pomocy Społecznej “Kombatant” (the Veterans’ Social Welfare Home) (DPS) provides the 24-hour care for people who are suffering from chronical somatic diseases.
To settle in the care facilitie, one should go to Ośrodek Pomocy Społecznej (OPS) Social – Welfare Centre proper to the person’s place of residence to submit an application in writing for the completion of documents indispensable for the issue of decision based on which the person is referred to the Social Welfare Home (the DPS). One should motivate in the application the reason for one’s request, i.e. such request should include description of the applicant’s health and personal condition, financial standing and family’s situation.
The case procedure is carried out by OPS’ social employee who will determine the date of the visit with the person concerned to conduct an environmental interview at the place of residence and ensure completion of any indispensable documents to be filed with DPS.
The following documents should be prepared for the above-mentioned purpose:
- the identity card,
- the current decision of the Authority Pension concerning the amount of benefit,
- the decision to award a group of disability or degree of disability,
- current mediacal records,
- medical certificates, extracts from hospital,
- documents concerning state property.
In the case of evidence to be placed in the DPS, Social Welfare Centre forwards the completed documentation to:
Warszawskie Centrum Pomocy Rodzinie
ul. Lipińska 2
Tel: 22 599-71-20, 22 599 71 40, 22 599 71 49
in order to obtain the referral decision about directing the person to the specific centre, the payment conditions included.
After receiving the complete set of documents from Warszawskie Centrum, social employee of Dom Opieki Społecznej (the Social Welfare Home) contacts with the person concered dating to the place of his/her residence to update the situation as health human living. The date of the residence of a person concerned is notified in writing. The waiting time depends on the release of the facility
Tuition for the stay in the DPS determines the Social Welfare Act of 12 march 2004 (Art.60-64a).
Detailed information about the admission procedure and payment rules give social employees:
- Jan Dębski
- Milena Jóźwiak
- Dorota Lipka
- Ewa Żaczek
tel. 22 665 22 39 inner.139 and 158
Information for the waiting person and families
On arrival at the facility as indicated by the Direcor of DPS in the invitation, person concerned should have within:
- ID card and information on the mothe’s maiden name and the name of the spouse.
- The decision of the degree of disability, if it was issured or extract in the by the Social Security Board’s doctor ( from Social. Insurance.Institution ZUS)
- Medical documentation.
- Written information on the dosage of drugs ( drugs, prescriptions).
- The decision Authority Pension ( ZUS, KRUS,ZER, MIA, WBE) or the last episode of pension/ retirement or a decision to grant a permanent benefit from OPS.
- Adresses and phone numbers for immediate family or friends.
In addition, personal items necessary for daily functioning:
- Health stores: sponge, shower gel, shampoo, deodorant, tissues, cream or olive moisturizing body, brush, toothpaste, shaving kit.
- A wicker basket in it : a mug/ cup. Plate, cutlery.
- Clothes, underwear, T- shirts ( preferably from natural materials), shoes, slippers, pajamas, bathrobe. Nursing Home provides bed linen, towels.
- Items having emotional things( small paintings, lamp, pictures, books).
The remaining things should be agreed on with the Director of DPS.